
This post is going to be me venting...so if you aren't in the mood for that...don't read any further. I just have to say I am quite sick of people who think they are better than others...specifically the last couple of weeks I have had friends say to me "why don't you move out of your ward, that ward is a joke, you need to go somewhere better". Really??!! I will admit...my ward is not necessarily full of social grace and I don't hang out with most members of my ward outside of church but I will say that some of the best people live in my ward. Everyone in my ward has something incredible to offer. I can tell you at least one great thing about every person I know in the ward! To suggest that there is nothing good about anyone there just says to me that you think you are better than them all...and by so doing prove to me that you are immature and insecure. you get from a ward what you put in. If you ask yourself what can this place and these people do for me you will forever be disappointed but if you change your focus to "what can I contribute to this place? how can I help someone here?" you will never be disappointed, you will always be fulfilled. There is no "cool" after high school. At least not for grown ups. Those things shouldn't matter anymore- you don't get personality points by pulling others down. Just because you may have more social graces than another does not make you more valuable- in fact in many cases, from my own personal experiences, its been the opposite. Because that socially awkward person is around when I have needed them- not off entertaining the masses of people who probably won't remember their name after a few months. so I'm sorry I must have missed the memo that said you were cooler than everyone else.
Disclaimer: In defense of my friends who said these things, I will admit they probably didn't realize how it came off and I do still love these friends dearly- even though sometimes they can be a little arrogant and self absorbed. but who isn't sometimes. ok. vent done.
2 comments:
Lori i love you! This post made me smile because I feel the exact same way when i am told to move wards!
Ha ha ha thanks Lori, we love you too. :) Our ward is like an awsome family, we all have our quirks but it'd be really weird if anyone was missing. Every person has changed me for the better. Love you guys!
Post a Comment