So today I was thinking..." a dangerous past time" "I know" ..sorry disney reference. Anyway- I have been thinking about how fear can physically limit our accomplishments. And in some cases, Fear can literally paralyse us from realizing our potential. I was thinking about how irrational that is. For instance, we are afraid to tell people how we really feel, or try something we've never done, or in some cases play a sport but why?? because we might say or do something dumb? we might not be perfect? well guess what...no one is perfect. And anyone who tells you they've never messed up at anything is lying to you. For example, I get really really nervous when I have to sing in front of people. One person or one hundred people my reaction is the same. I had a recital a little over a week ago and I did in fact mess up. The track played a little slower than I had practiced and I forgot two notes but no one threw anything at me, no one boo'd. The fact is no one but me probably even remembered my mistakes after I sat down. And it is the same with anything we do...we are probably the only ones who remember our failures. What if I don't pass my test? what if I say the wrong thing? well...life will go on, my friends and family will still love me, and I will be a better person for it.
Its true that there are those people in the world who would love nothing better than to step on you when you are down, or rub your failures in your face...but perhaps its time to remove those people from your life....If all the world is a stage, and you have the leading role- Then play your part, play it big, accept your role- strengths and limitations combined. You will have more fun...your audience will enjoy it more...and to those who would throw tomatoes- don't invite them, there is limited seating at your theater- VIPs only- they can go to someone else's show.
1 comment:
Lori I sure love you.
Post a Comment