Saturday, December 19, 2009

She's Here!







She is FINALLY here....yep my baby brother is a daddy. crazy weird. At 4:28 pm today my sister in law, Emily, gave birth to a six pound six ounce bundle of joy. Which I must say is the smallest baby ever born from the Neilson blood line...which averages 8 to 9 pounds (Except for Hayden but he was premature so it doesn't count). She makes the 13th grandchild in our family and the 8Th girl...although, we haven't had a girl around in over four years so it was time! She is so cute, even swollen from the trauma of being born and already spoiled, and thanks to my fabulous discount, could be a poster child for baby gap :) After all, I have a title to protect, "favorite aunt". I know Emily's little sister Melissa is going to try and win my spot...and this time she may have the advantage, she is much younger and more hip than I am, but we'll see. I may be getting old but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve. Either way I am ecstatic to have baby Karra in the family and I can tell that my baby brother is absolutely smitten with her already...what a fantastic Christmas present!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations Auntie! She's a doll.

Lori Ann said...

thanks! I totally love her already!