"You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go"(Dr.Seuss) Decide where you want to go, or life will decide for you...
Friday, April 5, 2013
A Level Below
I have discovered a new level in emotional relationships. (If you have not read my blog on relationship levels please click HERE) The highest being a Crush. Less intense is a crinkle and the lowest level of interest being A Dog ear. For those who don't understand, a dog ear or ear marking a page is when you fold over the corner so you can come back to your spot at a later date. That is the lowest level "crush" in known existence. I didn't realize this until just a few weeks ago. I was talking to a guy- I knew it wasn't really a crinkle because I wasn't even sure I liked him most of the time. I talked to him because he talked to me but he was exhausting to talk to. The only thing he'd really ever say is, "hey what's up?" or something along those lines. In all honesty he could have stopped talking at any time and I probably wouldn't have noticed. And, in fact, he did. Just a day after I last heard from him facebook told me he was in a relationship. That is when I discovered the existence of the 'dog ear'. If I had even been invested at the crinkle level I would have been disappointed. But I wasn't. I really couldn't have cared less. I think I WANTED to be more disappointed than I was. But you can't force a feeling. At this point I was talking to my friend Megan about my lack of feeling over the situation and we realized there is a level lower than a crush. This boy was a page I didn't really want to stay on, or a book I didn't want to keep open, but that page was interesting enough to ear mark. Just in case I ever wanted to go back. But in this particular case I won't be re-opening that book!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment