Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dumpster Diving

If you want to see some strange things just spend a little time at the mall.  Yesterday on my way to my car...actually, let me back up a bit.  A few days ago the boutique white house black market closed at my mall.  Because of this there is a huge dumpster in the parking lot for them to toss all their junk in.  now, back to last night.  I am walking out to my car and I see a girl climb up and look into the dumpster.  She then gets down and they boy she is with climbs up and into the dumpster.  Sick.  I immediately start thinking of all the nasty germs.  And I maybe started quoting 'Better Off Dead' to myself. "Its a shame folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy."

So this boy is in the dumpster and he starts handing down half forms. (mannequins that are made of fabric with no head and no limbs.)  By the time I got close she had put 3 in her car.  He must have asked her the question I was thinking, "what are you going to do with these?"  because I heard her say, "you know.  You can  decorate them...and like put them in your house and stuff." 

We have a hoarder in the making folks.  What kind of person decorates their house with mannequins?  She probably saw it on pinterest.  How would you decorate a mannequin anyway?  Also gross.  They are fabric so they can't really be washed and here is a fact:  Just because the dumpster is currently filled with life size dolls and cardboard does not mean that is what was in it last time it was full.  They do not sanitize those before they rent them to the next person.  So who knows what germs are now nicely embedded in your new 'decorations'.  I'm sorry.  I just think it's weird.

No comments: