Men are always complaining that we women expect them to read our minds. But I just need to say that men do the same thing! Let me give you an example. Today is my dad's birthday. He sat around the house all day and did nothing. That was his present to himself. His only homework for the day was to pick where he wanted to eat dinner. My mom and I went to education week at BYU and when we got home this is what transpired:
mom: So, where would you like to go eat for your birthday dinner??
Dad: Oh, I don't know. Anywhere is fine.
Mom: okay then we are going to Costa Vida since it's close and easy.
Dad puts his shoes on and everyone gets in the car. When we pull up to Costa Vida this is the conversation that took place:
Dad: have you ever eaten here before?
mom: no but Lori said it was good.
Dad: well I really wanted breakfast.
Mom: why didn't you say that when I asked you?
Dad: because you had your mind set on this place already. (in his best pouting voice)
Seriously dad? You had all day to think about it. When asked you said you didn't know. We go somewhere and NOW you have a sudden craving for breakfast?!?! I just need to say that sometimes men are more like women than they take credit for. Games like this are stupid...I think both genders should just say what they want instead of making the other jump through hoops to figure it out. I do have to admit that tonight the role reversal was pretty funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment