Friday, June 24, 2011

SUMMERFEST





















Here in Utah County every city has its 'days' or a week long summer celebration that includes a parade, a carnival, and for some cities a rodeo. well, this year the Hale Center Theater Orem was asked to give a concert in the park for the orem summerfest. And that included me. Linda Hale called and asked if I would like to sing Gimme Gimme


as part of their presentation. Of course I said yes!!! They let me wear a costume and the coolest hat ever!! The only problem was- the park was packed so I had to park several streets over and walk to the park in said costume. I got several weird looks from people along the way but whatever. I was a little nervous since there were a ton of people in the park but it wasn't too bad. The stage was awesome and there was a set of speakers facing me so I could actually hear myself- which is always a plus. I had SO much fun!!! I would totally do it again- it was an amazing opportunity.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

wish i'd known! i totally would have been there. you look fabulous. i'd have loved to see you perform before we're outta here . . . speaking of which, maybe we can catch lunch one day before i leave??? though i've thoroughly enjoyed your blog, would LOVE to catch up in person . . .