Monday, November 15, 2010

Do you not realize what day it is???

As many of you know, I am an avid watcher of wedding shows. TLC and WE are a great source for all your wedding pleasures. Tonight I was killing some time before my play rehearsal by watching "amazing wedding cakes". While watching, I rediscovered a huge pet peeve of mine. Several brides came on screen to look at their wedding cakes before their friends and family came in for the reception and I'm not kidding- they looked like they rolled out of bed and just threw on a wedding gown. I'm sorry- Do you not realize what day it is??? I don't care if you are not girly, don't wear a lot of make up, and don't own a blow dryer. It is your wedding day for heaven's sake- put some time and effort into your appearance. If your dress is elegant your hair and make up should be as well. If you can't do it yourself hire someone! If you are going to spend an exorbitant amount of money on a dress you can spend $50 to have your hair and make up done. YOU should wear the dress- it should not wear you.

No comments: