It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt!. Amen!
There once was a time in my life when I lived and worked in a county full of people with some weird ideas and who take offense at every turn. You are probably all aware that in retail we dress mannequins. These mannequins do not change themselves. The associates in the store periodically have to strip them of one outfit to replace a new and more current outfit. Just the other day one of the male associates I work with was doing just that. He was in the women's department updating the visuals in the front of the store when a woman approached him. She said something along these lines, "I don't think it's appropriate for you to be dressing that mannequin." Um, uptight much? He wasn't feeling her up- he was putting clothes on a life size doll. First of all...the mannequins are not exactly anatomically correct. Also they are grey tinted plastic. Oh and also if those first two didn't make it totally appropriate- because maybe you still think somehow they might be mistaken for a real person, um- they have no heads. I have decided that some people need to get out more OR, better yet, find hobbies that keep them inside and away from normal people. If they stay inside they can't say stupid things that make them sound absolutely ridiculous.
No comments:
Post a Comment